We take the privacy and security of your NPPI seriously and believe it is important that you understand:
- What information we collect, and how we collect it;
- How we use information we collect;
- With whom we share collected information;
- What choices you have regarding the use of the information we collect; and
- The types of security we use to protect the information we collect.
What information we collect and how we collect it.
We collect the following categories of NPPI (more particularly defined below): (i) information you provide such as your contact information; (ii) information about your transactions with us or our Providers; and (iii) information about your transactions with a Provider to whom your information is disclosed by us to fulfill a transaction you request. We do not collect credit card information, because all financial transactions DISCUSSION DRAFT are completed through Google™ Checkout. For information about Google's privacy policies applicable to its Google™ Checkout service, see http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html.
No NPPI that identifies a customer or former customer is revealed in the collection and use of traffic data. We do share anonymous traffic and transactional information with our Providers on an aggregate basis for marketing, accounting and site-optimization purposes.
NPPI includes: (i) any information you provide to obtain a product or service; (ii) information about you resulting from any transaction involving a financial product or service; or (iii) information that we otherwise obtain about you in connection with providing a product or service that you request. NPPI does not include information that is collected anonymously or for the purpose of tracking movement on our website. In order for you to access many of the products and services offered through this site, you will be required to provide us with NPPI such as:
- Street or postal address;
- Delivery address (if different);
- E-mail address;
- Phone number.
Categories of information we disclose
SoilDirect.com may disclose the NPPI we collect about you, described above, to our Providers or non-affiliated third-parties, as described below, and as otherwise permitted by law:
- To Providers in order to fulfill or respond to your request for products or services; and
- To affiliates and service providers who perform professional services for us, such as demographic analysis for marketing purposes and accounting.
Why we need your e-mail address
We use your e-mail address to:
- Confirm your identity;
- Send you information on the status of your transaction;
- Contact you if we need your assistance to complete the transaction;
- Send you newsletters, and other customer-related material as permitted by law.
We do not store e-mail addresses from correspondence sent to us. If you contact us by e-mail we will respond by replying to your email. SoilDirect.com will not use or store your email address in our database from such correspondence.
What choices you have regarding the use of your information
E-mail correspondence. You may opt-out of e-mails in one of two ways:
- You may "uncheck" the box next to the offer on the on-line form you complete; or
- Click on the "unsubscribe" hyperlink in the e-mail you receive.
Your access to identifying NPPI
If you want to change or delete your identifying NPPI, including your e-mail address, or if you no longer are interested in a service found on this Web Site, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate your identifying NPPI by contacting us at privacy@SoilDirect.com. Information entered on the SoilDirect.com Web Site will be automatically updated each time you apply for a new or different service.
Reserved Disclosure Rights
SoilDirect.com reserves the right to disclose your NPPI, including your e-mail address without your consent:
- To comply with Federal, State, or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements;
- To comply with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, or subpoena or summons by Federal, State, or local authorities;
- To respond to judicial process or government regulatory authorities having jurisdiction for examination, compliance, other purposes as authorized by law;
- To our service providers to verify the integrity of the information collected; or
- To our affiliated business partners for accounting purposes.
Important note regarding non-U.S. users and U.S. law
The laws and regulations of different countries and states impose different (and even conflicting) requirements on data protections and the use of the Internet. SoilDirect.com is located in California, in the United States of America, as are the servers that make this Web Site available worldwide. The laws of the State of California and the United States of America govern all matters relating to this Web Site. If you provide information while using this Web Site, you will be deemed to have authorized the transfer of your information to our servers in California.
We do not knowingly solicit information from children or send them requests for information. Although there are links to other sites that may offer services to persons under the age of 18, SoilDirect.com does not offer any services to persons under the age of 18.
Privacy policies and non-affiliated third-parties
Your use of this web site
Protect and verify your identifying NPPI
We urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your identifying NPPI, both on and off the Internet. (To learn more go to: http://onguardonline.gov/index.html).
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should first contact our customer service department by telephone at (888) 688-7645 or by e-mail at privacy@SoilDirect.com, or by mail addressed to:
SoilDirect.comIf you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe at http://www.truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php. TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with the Web Site to resolve your concerns.
ATTN: Customer Service
8209 Foothill Blvd. Suite A250
Los Angeles, California 91040-1408
Terms Used in This Statement
Some of the companies that offer products or services via our Web Site, and some of the companies that send visitors to our Web Site, pass cookies to your computer. Please be aware that we have no control over cookies passed to you from other companies' sites.
If you request information or purchase a product or service, you will be requested to enter NPPI on our Web Site. Selected NPPI is linked to the cookie stored on your computer so it will be easier for you to complete a transaction on your next visit to our web site. If you complete another transaction, you may have to re-enter selected NPPI which is not linked to cookies stored on your computer.
SoilDirect.com uses encryption to secure selected NPPI. Encryption is a way to scramble data to make it unreadable to anyone other than the intended recipient. If it is intercepted by a third-party while traveling over a network, it cannot be read. Only the persons sending and receiving the encrypted data have a key to unscramble the data and make it readable. Encryption provides privacy for email, discussion group postings, and other communications as they move over networks. SoilDirect.com uses industry standard SSL, AES and RSA encryption.
Secure Sockets Layer
Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") is a cryptographic protocol that provides secure communications on the Internet. SSL is the industry standard method for protecting Web Site communications by encrypting information, thus making it unreadable to anyone except the holders of the keys used to read the information. SoilDirect.com uses the SSL protocol to capture selected NPPI via the Internet.
A SSL Certificate binds an entity to a pair of electronic keys that can be used to encrypt and sign digital information. A SSL Certificate makes it possible for you to verify that we have the right to use a given key, helping to prevent others from using phony keys to impersonate us. For more information about our certificate, click here.
Third Party Data Sources We may use third-parties to verify the integrity of selected NPPI you provide so we can confirm your identity.
Web-beacons A web beacon is a tracking marker that is placed within a web page or in an e-mail message. Web beacons are invisible to your eye and are used to monitor a computer which is accessing a particular web page or e-mail message and to transfer the data to a server. SoilDirect.com uses web beacons to:
- Count website visits to specific areas at the SoilDirect.com Web Site;
- Track and account for transactional information on the websites of non-affiliated third-parties or service providers;
- Collect aggregate transactional data for accounting purposes;
- Track statistics about:
- The IP address of the computer that fetched the web beacon;
- The URL of the page on which the web beacon is located;
- The URL of the web beacon;
- The time the item containing the web beacon was viewed;
- The type of browser that fetched the item containing the web beacon;
- A previously set cookie value.